The Men's Resource Center at Lakeland, created in 1996, was one of the first resources at a college or university dedicated to serving male students. Our primary purpose is to help men plan for and achieve their educational and career goals.
We do this by helping men:
- Enroll at Lakeland. If you are thinking about attending Lakeland, come talk to us. We can help you determine if your career goals can be achieved through Lakeland coursework. If you decide to enroll, we can guide your through the process, including financial aid. For more information on enrolling at Lakeland and how the Men's Resource Center can assist you, see our enrollment options.
- Achieve academic success. We can help you resolve issues that arise both inside and outside the classroom that may threaten your success as a student. We can individualize an action plan and work with your instructors. Or you can join one of our peer action groups like Pathfinders, for African-American male students, or Gateway, for 25 and up.
- Prepare for college. We offer two programs which help men (and women) prepare for college. First Rung to College is a fast-track GED prep program, and QuickStart to College prepares prospective students for college math and English.
- Deal with urgent issues. Our open door policy provides male students with quick solutions. If we can't help you directly, we will connect you with a resource that can.
The Men's Resource Center is here to help prospective students navigate the "getting started" process for enrolling at Lakeland Community College. Contact us if you have any questions about the enrollment process, or wish to set up an appointment. We can help you become a student at Lakeland.
If you are entering college for the first time, returning to college, or just looking to enroll in one or two courses for personal or professional growth, the Men's Resource Center is here to help you:
- Decide if college is right for you at this point in your life.
- Help you connect your career goals to educational possibilities.
- Learn more about what Lakeland has to offer.
- Prepare for college math.
- Navigate the enrollment and financial aid processes.
If you are ready to enroll, and would like to venture through the process on your own, choose the link below that best aligns with your background and goals.
If you are looking to take a class (or classes) to enhance your skills and knowledge for personal or professional development, and you are not interested in earning a degree or certificate, click here.
If you have credits from another college you wish to transfer to Lakeland, visit our transfer center to obtain information about transferring to Lakeland Community College.
If you are interested in enrolling into a degree or certificate program, click here to discover how to enroll.
Read articles by James Shelley, manager of the Lakeland Men's Resource Center