Updated Sept. 16, 2021
As the Delta variant continues to spread rapidly, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) measured level of community transmission for the COVID-19 virus in Lake County is now "Substantial." The CDC levels are based on a community's total number of new cases per 100,000 people and the percentage of tests that are positive during the prior seven days.
Therefore, we are re-instituting our indoor mask mandate to enhance the health and safety of our campus community, as well as to reflect updated guidance from the CDC. Our employee and student codes of personal responsibility have been updated accordingly. Please take note of the following:
- Effective immediately, all persons (students, employees and visitors) must wear a face covering when inside any college building except while working alone in an area not readily accessible to others.
- Face coverings, preferably cloth, must be worn in the manner recommended by the CDC: mouth, nose and chin must be covered and the face covering must be secured behind the head with ties or loops.
- Forgot your mask, need extras? Masks are available at select offices across campus including the Student Service Center (A-1003), Human Resources (C-2103), Learning Center (A-1044), Library (C-3051) and Campus Police (A-2).
- As part of our on-going COVID-19 prevention campaign, all persons should:
- Avoid coming to campus, or leave immediately if already on campus and experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of greater than 100.4 degrees, loss of taste or smell, fatigue, headache and/or muscle and body aches, etc.)
- Keep a reasonable amount of social distance (3-6 feet) between themselves and others
- Practice good personal hygiene, including frequently washing hands for 20 seconds or longer, applying hand sanitizer throughout the day, and refraining from touching the face
- Visit Lake County General Health District for information on available upcoming vaccine clinics.
As always, thank you for your cooperation through these difficult times.
Click or tap here to show/hide previous updates.