About » FAQ


Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Holden University Center of Lakeland Community College?

The Holden University Center of Lakeland Community College allows students to earn a bachelor's or graduate degrees from one of the program's partnering universities while staying close to home.

» top

What four-year colleges and universities are participating?

Cleveland State University, Franklin University, Hiram College, John Carroll University, Kent State University, Lake Erie College, Notre Dame College, The University of Akron, Ursuline College, and Youngstown State University have committed to offering degree programs through the University Center of Lakeland.


» top

What programs are offered?

Click here for a list of academic programs. Degree programs are subject to change.

» top

Where is the Holden University Center located?

The Holden University Center is conveniently located directly across the street from the entrance to Lakeland Community College, on the northwest corner of S. R. 306 and Kirtland Road in Kirtland. Courtesy shuttle busses run Monday - Friday between the Holden University Center and the clock tower on Lakeland's main campus. No shuttle service on weekends or during Summer Term.

» top

Who will issue Holden University Center degrees?

Bachelor and graduate degrees are issued from the individual college or university providing the degree program, and will be identical to that same degree offered on the institution's campus.

» top

Who teaches Holden University Center classes?

Holden University Center classes are taught by faculty assigned by the partnering university.

Can I start my bachelor's degree at the Holden University Center?

The Holden University Center of Lakeland Community College offers bachelor's completion programs and, in most cases, only upper division (junior and senior) level undergraduate courses. Admission requirements vary from institution to institution, but generally include approximately 60 hours of undergraduate coursework and/or the equivalent of an associate degree. Lakeland Community College can provide lower division coursework through its associate degree program. Contact the Lakeland Community College Counseling Office to inquire about lower level courses.

How much is tuition for classes taught by university partners through the Holden University Center of Lakeland?

Each partner university determines its own tuition and fees. Payment is made to the university to which you have registered. Deadlines and refunds also vary according to each university's policy.

To receive more information about the Holden University Center and its programs, call 440.525.7535, or fill out this simple form.


Staging Enabled