For college closing information call 440.525.7242
Emergency Alerts Notification System
Employees and Students at Lakeland Community College have been automatically enrolled in our Emergency Alerts system. This system will be used to inform you of emergency situations via phone and email. [More Info]
Emergency Closing Guidelines (Download PDF)
The following guidelines will be in effect if an emergency requires the closing of any Lakeland site, including Lakeland's main campus in Kirtland, Lakeland East, Holden University Center, and/or Mooreland.
Information on closings will be available on:
- Lakeland Emergency Closing Hotline (440) 525-7242
- Lakeland Closings Web Page www.lakelandcc.edu/closings
- Local Television/Radio/Web (see specifics below)
Authorized closing information will be reported to the following television and radio stations. Any information regarding the Lakeland main campus and/or off-sites broadcast on any other radio or television station is unauthorized and might be inaccurate. The college assumes no responsibility for college closing information on any unauthorized station.
|Television ||Radio ||Web|
WKYC - TV 3
WEWS - TV 5
WJW - TV 8
WOIO - TV 19
WVIZ/PBS Ideastream - 25
WUAB - TV 43
Time Warner Digital 522
WAKS 96.5 FM
WCLV 104.9 FM
WCPN 90.3 FM ideastream
WCRF 103.3 FM
WFXJ 107.5 FM
WGAR 99.5 FM
WKDD 98.1 FM
WKKY 104.7 FM
WMJI 105.7 FM
WMMS 100.7 FM
WMVX 106.5 FM
WREO 97.1 FM
WYBL 98.3 FM
WZOO 102.5 FM
WFUN 970 AM
WHLO 640 AM
WTAM 1100 AM
Radio Free Ohio 1350 AM
In the event of an emergency or severe weather, one of the following options may be taken:
- All Lakeland sites remain open: all classes and activities are held as scheduled at all sites (main campus, Lakeland East, Holden University Center, Mooreland).
- All Lakeland sites are closed: all classes and activities are cancelled at all sites (main campus, Lakeland East, Holden University Center, Mooreland). TV/Radio/Website listings will appear as: Lakeland CC - All Campuses.
- Lakeland main campus is closed only: all classes and activities at the main campus in Kirtland are cancelled. TV/Radio/Website listings will appear as: Lakeland CC - Main (Kirtland).
- Lakeland East is closed only: all classes and activities at Lakeland East are cancelled. TV/Radio/Website listings will appear as: Lakeland CC - East (Madison).
- Holden University Center is closed only: all classes, activities and events at Lakeland's Holden University Center are cancelled, including University Partnership classes and Lakeland classes held at the Holden University Center. TV/Radio/Website listings will appear as: Lakeland CC - Holden University Center.
Mooreland is closed only: all classes, activities and events at Mooreland Mansion are cancelled. TV/Radio/Website listings will appear as: Lakeland CC - Mooreland.
- Lakeland remains open but Individual University Partners cancel classes:
The individual University Partners are responsible for notifying its students. Lakeland can assist when provided with closing information
The announcement that all Lakeland sites, the Lakeland main campus, Lakeland East, Holden University Center, or Mooreland is closed means that all classes, activities and events are cancelled at the site(s) identified. This includes all special events, college offices and noncredit Continuing Education classes.
If an emergency occurs in the early morning hours, a decision to close the campus will be made prior to 6 a.m. whenever possible.
If an emergency occurs during the school day necessitating the closing of the Lakeland main campus and/or off-sites for the remainder of the day and evening, an appropriate announcement will be reported to the authorized stations and Emergency Closing Hotline at the earliest possible time.