During this challenging time, please know that Lakeland's CCP staff is committed to providing support to CCP students while working remotely. Please continue to check this website for updates and send any questions you have to CCPinfo@lakelandcc.edu.
Read our COVID-19 updates for current CCP students and steps for preparing for the semester.
Lakeland Community College's College Credit Plus Program (CCP) offers high school students the opportunity to enroll at Lakeland on a part-time or full-time basis, and earn college credit which may also be used to fulfill their high school graduation requirements.
The intent of the CCP program is to offer a broad range of college level classes which provide educational opportunities not typically available in high school. Admission into this program is open to students who have clearly demonstrated the ability to handle college-level coursework.
View a list of upcoming information session at local high schools.
Interested students and their parents should follow the six steps below to determine eligibility to participate in CCP. Please see the section below this list for more information for home school and nonpublic school students.
- Attend a high school CCP information session.
- File a CCP application with Lakeland Community College.
- Submit a high school transcript or middle school grade report.
- Determine eligibility and placement:
- For the 2021-22 academic year, students entering the 11th and 12th grades will be admitted to Lakeland's CCP program and placed into college-level English with an unweighted 3.5 high school GPA.
- Students entering 11th and 12th grades who do not meet the high school GPA criteria listed above, as well as all students entering 7th through 10th grades must submit qualifying ACT or SAT scores or take the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Writing test at Lakeland and test into college-level English.
- Register for the ACCUPLACER test
**To participate in math courses through CCP, students must have successfully completed Algebra 2 and place into college-level math.
- If you will be taking the ACCUPLACER test, review the free resources available on our test preparation website.
- Attend a CCP new student orientation and registration session. Parents are required to attend with their child.
Mandatory for Home School and Nonpublic Students: