Lakeland's Counseling and Advising Center is offering Express Counseling and Advising (ECA) phone sessions that are specially designed to help you move through the registration process quickly so you can start spring classes on time.
- Beginning Dec. 28, register for an ECA session in Schedule It through your myLakeland account. The steps to reserve your spot are below.
- Sign up for a half-hour time slot that works best for you and a counselor will call you within your reserved time slot.
- Leave with a plan to get you started for the spring semester.
Express Counseling and Advising phone sessions are:
- Thursday, Jan. 4 | 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (last time slot at 5 p.m.)
- Friday, Jan. 5 | 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (last time slot at 2 p.m.)
- Monday, Jan. 8 – Thursday, Jan. 11 | 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (last time slot at 5 p.m.)
- Friday, Jan. 12 | 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (last time slot at 2 p.m.)
To reserve your time slot, please follow these steps:
- Log in to myLakeland.
- Click the "Student" tab.
- In the left-hand column under Quick Tools, click on the "Schedule It" icon.
- Click "Schedule Express Counseling and Advising."
- Select a time.
- Click "Reserve."
A confirmation email with important information will be sent to your Lakeland student email.
Counseling and advising is available in person, by phone and via Webex! Please contact us at 440.525.7200 to schedule a meeting with a counselor.
The Lakeland Counseling & Advising Center meets students where they are and puts them at the center of everything we do.
By using culturally inclusive and ethical practices, we provide academic, admission, career, and personal counseling, and we teach a variety of personal development courses.
Professional counseling services are available to full-time, part-time or potential students. By discussing interests, achievements and goals, counselors can assist students in making realistic educational and occupational decisions. Whether you are a new or returning student, a recent high school graduate or an adult learner exploring a new career, the counseling and advising office will assist you in the successful completion of your educational and career goals.
On this website you will find information on the following counseling services:
- Admissions Counseling: New to the college? We will assist you in selecting courses to begin your studies. More details can be found in our admission counseling services page.
- Academic Counseling and Advising: We can help you plan your educational goals, review degree and transfer opportunities. We can develop an individualized academic plan to track your progress toward graduation or transfer for a bachelor's degree.
- Career Exploration and Planning: We understand that choosing a major or career is not an easy task. We can help you discover a career that best fits your personality, interests and skills.
- Personal Counseling: As Licensed Professional Counselors we will help you explore solutions concerning personal concerns impacting your educational experience and personal development.
- Policy and Procedure Counseling: We will help you understand the college system and the policies that affect your success.
- Psychological Counseling: Lakeland's campus psychologist is available to help students succeed in pursuing their education when personal, emotional or family problems may be interfering with their studies.
Students should make an appointment with a counselor when:
Contact Lakeland's Counseling and Advising Center to make an appointment at 440.525.7200.
If a student is interested in any of the following health technology degree programs, Health Information Session appointments can be scheduled by contacting the Lakeland Student Service Center at 440.525.7050. Health technology programs include:
- Dental hygiene, health information management technology, histotechnology, medical laboratory technology, nursing, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapist assistant, radiologic technology, respiratory therapy and surgical technology.