The engaged student participates directly in learning activities.
- Takes responsibility for his/her own learning.
- Uses effective learning strategies.
- Reflects on effectiveness of his/her own learning strategies.
The critical thinker uses reason, ingenuity, and knowledge to examine relevant issues or ideas and solve problems.
- Identifies an issue or idea.
- Explores perspectives relevant to an issue or idea.
- Identifies and critiques options or positions.
- Selects an option or position.
- Implements and reflects on a selected option or position.
The effective communicator demonstrates the ability to articulate and exchange ideas using multiple forms of expression.
- Uses correct spoken and written English.
- Conveys a clear purpose.
- Presents ideas logically.
- Comprehends and uses the appropriate form(s) of expression.
- Engages in an exchange of ideas.
The 21st century learner accesses and manages reliable information effectively and responsibly.
- Develops an effective search strategy.
- Uses technology to access and manage information.
- Uses selection criteria to choose appropriate information.
- Uses information responsibly.
The responsible citizen develops awareness of the diversity of human experience, understanding and responding to interpersonal, historical, cultural and global contexts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of diverse ideas and values.
- Describes ways in which issues are embedded in relevant contexts.
- Collaborates with others in a variety of situations.
- Acts with respect for others.