Dental Hygiene Clinic patients have the right to:
1. be treated with courtesy and respect in a facility which meets the standards of care for the practice of dental hygiene in an academic setting.
2. be informed of the fee schedule and appointments.
3. have appointment time reasonably observed.
4. have a thorough examination and assessment of oral health needs.
5. be informed of current research regarding status of oral hygiene and systemic disease (i.e. heart, diabetes, respiratory, preterm-low birth weight babies).
6. be informed of dental treatment necessary to attain optimal oral health and wellness.
7. receive accurate and current information regarding oral health status.
8. expect high quality care which will prevent further oral disease.
9. expect reasonable continuity and completion of care.
10. receive oral health instructions.
11. be referred for other needed dental treatment which will promote wellness.
12. confidentiality of all information pertinent to oral care.
13. expect treatment in a safe, clean health care setting.
14. informed consent prior to the initiation of treatment.
15. participate in decisions regarding dental hygiene treatment, having been made aware of the treatment alternatives, the risk of no treatment, and expected outcomes of treatment options.
16. access to dental records during and after treatment according to the Health Insurance Portability and Accessibility (HIPAA) Standards.
The services will be performed by a dental hygiene student under the supervision of licensed dentists and dental hygiene faculty. Services performed are limited to preventive treatment and are not intended to take the place of comprehensive dental treatment. Preventive treatment provided includes:
- Oral examination
- Oral cancer screening
- Oral prophylaxis (scaling and polishing the teeth)
- Oral health education
- Nutritional counseling
- Necessary radiographs (x-rays) - (referred to your dentist upon request)
- Home care kit
- Cleaning of dentures
- Fluoride treatment
- Dental sealants
- Blood pressure screening
- Athletic mouthguards
- Periodontal examination
- Intra-oral photos
- $25 | 15 years and over - includes oral prophylaxis (scaling and polishing the teeth), radiographs if indicated, fluoride treatment and dental health instructions.
- $20 | 14 years and under - same services as above.
- $20 | Current Lakeland students - same services as above.
- $20 | Senior Citizens - same services as above.
- $15 | Panoramic radiograph without prophylaxis.
- $15 | Full series radiographs without prophylaxis.
- $10 | Bitewing radiographs without prophylaxis.
- $5 | Athletic mouthguards.
- $5 | Sealants - per sealant.
No fee for Patients on Medicaid or state funded insurance when a valid card is presented at the initial appointment. Please pay for services as they are rendered.