All students admitted to the radiologic technology program must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Students must be able to reach and adjust the x-ray tube which is at a height of 76-80 inches from the floor.
- Radiographers must assist or move patients from wheelchairs and carts onto radiographic (x-ray) examination tables. This requires the use of their backs and muscles to support and move patients. Students must be able to lift a minimum of thirty pounds and possess the ability to support up to 175 pounds.
- Students' eyesight must be 20/40, either naturally or through correction. Students must be able to read the printed words in a radiographic textbook, read and adjust the x-ray control panel, read radiographic technique charts, and read a radiographic image.
- Students must be able to hear instructions from co-workers and be able to respond to verbal requests by patients at a distance of 6 to 10 feet.
- Students must be able to give clear verbal commands to a patient who is positioned for a radiographic examination at a distance of 6 to 10 feet from the technologist control area.
- Students must be able to assess the condition of all patients assigned for a radiographic examination.
- Students must be able to write legibly with proper spelling of medical terms.
- Students must be able to move around and stand without assistance for long periods of time.
- Students must be physically free of use of non-prescription drugs, illegal drugs, and alcohol.
NOTE: All students enrolled in a nursing and allied health program/certificate must complete a criminal background check. Students with a criminal record may be ineligible to participate in a clinical course/rotation/practicum, receive a professional licensure/registration, or obtain employment in the health field.
ATTENTION: All Students Interested in Nursing & Allied Health Programs the Nursing and Allied Health Programs changed admissions policies beginning Fall 2004.
Admission procedures for radiologic technology program from academic catalog.
Health Technology Admission Requirements
Once an admission option is met, applicants are required to submit a Health Technology Admissions Form (PDF) to the Admissions Office. Failure to do so may delay acceptance into the program.