The Lakeland Alumni Hall of Fame was created in 2006 to demonstrate how Lakeland Community College has enriched thousands of lives for more than 50 years, including many who have gone on to make a significant difference in other people's lives. The Lakeland Alumni Hall of Fame honors alumni who:
- personify Lakeland's ideals and tradition of excellence;
- bring distinction to their alma mater through their outstanding achievements;
- have made an impact on the quality of life of their communities;
- and who serve as an inspiration to current Lakeland students.
Nominees must meet the following criteria. Nominations will be judged based on the overall strength of the nomination. Nominees must:
- Have earned an associate degree or certificate from Lakeland Community College
- Have graduated at least 10 years prior to the nominating year
- Demonstrate a record of distinction that personifies Lakeland's ideals by making a significant difference in their community. This may be demonstrated in the following ways:
- Career success
- Professional achievements/recognitions
- Community service, involvement, and leadership, and/or
- Service to Lakeland Community College
A completed nomination must be submitted by the established deadline.