The 2021 general election is Tuesday, Nov. 2!
If this is your first time voting, be sure to register before Oct. 4, 2021. Visit your county board of elections website to register or if you are not sure whether you are registered.
You can find a sample ballot on your county's board of elections website. Review a sample ballot to help you prepare how you are going to vote.
- In person on Nov. 2 at your polling place. If you don't know where your polling place is,find out on your county's board of elections website. Bring your photo ID!
Early voting between Oct. 5 and Nov. 1. All registered voters in Lake County can vote early at the Lake County Board of Elections, 105 Main St, Ste 107 in Painesville, 440.350.2700, during business hours. If you live in another county, check with your board of elections.
Vote by Mail, also called absentee voting. There are several steps to vote by mail:
- In order to vote by mail, you must first request a ballot. Every registered voter in Ohio will be mailed an application automatically from the Ohio Secretary of State, in the first part of Sept. Check to see if you have received one or not. You may also request one from your board of elections if you wish.
- Fill out and submit the application by mail or drop if off at the board of elections. Contact the Lake County Board of Elections with any questions at 440.350.2700.
- Next you will receive your absentee ballot. Fill it out and mail it back or drop it off at the board of elections. If you mail it, it must be postmarked no later than Nov. 1, 2021. If you bring it in person you may bring it or place it in a drop box on Nov. 2, 2021 before 7:30 p.m.
- You can track the progress of your absentee ballot and the application on your county's board of elections website.
- Register to vote 30 days prior to election day.
- Keep your address updated with the board of elections.
- Remember to bring valid identification with you to the polls.
- Know your proper polling place and precinct.
- Polls are open in Ohio from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.