Welcome to the Nonprofit & Public Service Center at Lakeland Community College.
Established in 2005 with start-up funding from the Lake-Geauga Fund of The Cleveland Foundation, the Nonprofit and Public Service Center at Lakeland Community College seeks to enhance the capacity of nonprofit and public service organizations in Northeast Ohio.
Building upon Lakeland's historic relationships with nonprofits, public agencies and local governments, the center offers professional and organizational development opportunities by drawing upon expertise within the college and by partnering with other service providers. These collaborations enable the center to maximize its effectiveness and use of resources. In addition, it helps exemplify the spirit of mutual cooperation that Lakeland seeks to promote
The center focuses on three key areas:
- Noncredit educational and professional development programs for individuals and organizations.
- Customized services tailored to the needs of individual organizations or groups of organizations. Services include:
- Compression planning
- Strategic planning
- Board development
- Executive and leadership coaching
- Organizational assessment and job skills matching
- Events and other opportunities for networking, dialogue, and collaboration.