Criteria for Participation

Interested students and their parents should follow the steps below to determine eligibility to participate in CCP. Please see the section below this list for more information for home school and nonpublic school students.

  1. Attend a high school CCP information session.
  2. File a CCP application with Lakeland Community College.
  3. Complete this permission slip with a parent signature.
  4. Submit a high school transcript or middle school grade report.
  5. Determine eligibility and placement:
    • Submit qualifying ACT or SAT scores or take the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Writing test at Lakeland and test into college-level English.
  6. If you will be taking the ACCUPLACER test*, review the free resources available on our test preparation website
  7. Register for the ACCUPLACER test
  8. Once accepted, complete the CCP orientation online. Information on how to access the CCP orientation will be emailed to you after you receive your acceptance confirmation. For questions about orientation, please contact the New Student Orientation coordinators at or 440.525.7349.
  9. Schedule an appointment to meet with a Lakeland counselor to select classes and register.

*To participate in math courses through CCP, students must have successfully completed Algebra 2 and place into college-level math.

Lakeland Community College is committed to providing CCP students equal access to learning opportunities. The Student Accommodation Center (SAC) works with students with documented disabilities to provide and/or arrange reasonable accommodations. If you have a disability (e.g., learning, attention, psychiatric, vision, hearing, physical or systemic) and feel it may create a barrier to your education, contact the SAC at (440) 525-7020 or stop by the office located in Room A-1042 on Lakeland's campus.

If you wish to receive academic accommodations for CCP courses (offered at your high school or on Lakeland's campus) and have them guaranteed to be in place from the beginning of your initial semester, it is recommended that you request your accommodations from Lakeland's SAC at least four weeks before that term. From then on, you will be asked to make your accommodation requests known for subsequent semesters during the priority registration period. If you miss priority registration, there may be a delay in getting your accommodations in place. Academic accommodations can be requested at any point in the academic term, however, accommodations cannot be applied retroactively and some accommodations may take additional time to put into place.

Mandatory for Home School and Nonpublic Students:

Home School Students
Non-public School Students

More information for home school and non-public school students.

Staging Enabled