The mission of the business management department is to prepare students for employment, career enhancement and leadership roles in a variety of business settings and/or for transfer to a bachelor's degree program.
Students earning an Associate of Applied Business degree in one of the Business Management areas of concentration will be able to demonstrate the following outcomes upon graduation:
- Use critical thinking skills to solve problems and make decisions based on accepted business principles.
- Recognize the interrelatedness of international and domestic businesses, societies, and governments.
- Execute the four functions of management: planning, organizing, leading, and controlling.
- Exhibit professional behavior appropriate for the workplace.
- Demonstrate ability to function effectively as a team member.
- Apply effective communication skills in business settings.