Date Approved by the Board of Trustees: 1/11/96
Updated & Approved:
The officers of the college shall include those persons delegated by the Board the authority to execute the Board's policies.
They shall include: President, Vice Presidents, and other administrators as may from time to time be so designated by the Board to operationalize its policy decisions.
- The President is the chief executive officer of the college and the principal spokesman for the college with the Board of Trustees and the community. The President's responsibilities include:
- The formulation and achievement of college academic objectives by establishing basic procedures and recommending policies that will ensure the attainment of these objectives.
- Management of the resources of the college in order to reach the objectives of the college according to the broad directives of the Board.
- Development and maintenance of a sound plan of organization for the college to ensure capable management succession.
- Selection and development of faculty to attain the objectives of the college.
- Acting as liaison between the faculty and the administration and the Board.
- Development and maintenance of the college's position externally with federal and state agencies, educational institutions, academic, civic, industrial, and community groups, and acting as principal spokesman for the college with these groups.
- Setting criteria for long-term progress and for the performance of the college and for evaluating the results against these standards.
- Directing the financial planning for the college and recommending action to the Board to maintain a sound financial position.
- Obtaining legal advice necessary to ensure that the college's legal rights are protected and that its legal obligations are performed.
- Enforcing all rules and regulations including those formulated in pursuance of Section 3354.021 of the Ohio Revised Code.
- Other administrators have the responsibility of assisting the President in the day-to-day operations of the college. Their specific job descriptions shall denote the components and operations of the college for which each is directly responsible. One or more members of the administrative group shall be designated to act on behalf of the President in the event of his absence.