|Transfer of Credit Procedures
Date Approved: 3/7/00
Updated & Approved:
Lakeland Community College will grant transfer credit for courses completed at other colleges and universities according to the following guidelines:
- Only official transcripts will be used in the evaluation process. Official transcripts must be forwarded directly from the sending institution to the Admissions Office of Lakeland Community College.
- Credits must have been earned at an institution which is accredited by one of the regional associations listed below:
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Association of Colleges and Schools
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Only non-remedial courses with a grade of "C" or higher will be accepted in transfer.
- Courses with a grade of "D" will be accepted in transfer only if the student has completed the requirements of the Transfer Module of the sending institution and has completed the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from an Ohio public college or university with an overall grade point average of "C" or better. Grades of "pass" and "satisfactory" are accepted for transfer.
- Only course credits and credit hours are transferable; previous grade point averages do not transfer.
- Course work completed at schools which are not regionally accredited or which are not candidates for accreditation will not be transferable; however, Lakeland's division dean of the academic division in which the course is offered may grant credit at his/her discretion, when appropriate.
- In most instances, transcripts from institutions outside the United States will need to be evaluated by an independent credit evaluation organization.
- Transfer students may be required to provide the Transfer Student Center with college catalog(s) and/or course syllabi and names of textbooks used in courses to produce thorough transfer credit evaluations.